Diseases of Dogs
From: The Humane Society
- Distemper - an airborne viral disease of the lungs, intestines and brain.
- Hepatitis - a viral disease of the liver.
- Leptospirosis - a bacterial disease of the urinary system.
- Parainfluenza - infectious bronchitis.
- Parvovirus - a viral disease of the intestines.
- Rabies - a viral disease fatal to humans and other animals.
- Bordetella - a bacterial infection (kennel cough)
Canine Vaccine Schedule
ANNUAL EXAMS ARE NOT JUST VACCINATIONS
All canine exams include a thorough exam of the pet's eyes, ears, teeth, skin and hair coat, chest, abdomen and complementary nail trim
Puppies First Series (6-8 weeks)
Puppies Second Series (10-12 weeks)
Puppies Third Series (14-16 weeks)
Puppies can be neutered or spayed at this time
Canine Yearly Shots
Heartworm Test - Yearly
Bordetella - Yearly
Dhpp- every 3 years (after 2nd shot)
Rabies every 3 years (after 2nd Shot)
Lepto - yearly